BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Reading the Fine Print (Ingredients) for Healthy Hair

Hi All!!

I have been away from my blog for a while. It is a new year (2010) and I am so ready to do new big things this year. So I'm officially back on track now. With all of that said let's get it started.




Everyday I like to start off by reading helpful information that talk about things that are important such as beauty, health and fitness. I recently came across an informative blog on Yahoo Shine about the chemicals in the products we use daily. It comes from our body washes, lotions, perfumes (400 chemicals), and also hair products. Speaking of ingredients or chemicals it is very important to know what is in products we use especially for healthy hair.








This brings to me to why sometimes reading the fine print on the products that we use can be beneficial to our hair. Every since I have read Reading the Fine Print in Your Quest for Healthy Hair on Essence.com, I find myself looking at every product I own and also the ones I purchase as well. This post has a break down of essential ingredients we need that provide strength, conditioning, moisture and shine.

These are some of the ingredients they listed on Essence.com:

For Strentgh: Ceramide

What is it: A complex lipid or fatty oil found naturally in the hair. What it does: Holds cuticle cells together to protect the inner structure of the hair. Product Pick: Soft Sheen Carson Break-thru Anti-Breakage System, $6.99, drugstores nationwide.

For Conditioning: Avocado Oil

What it is: A triglyceride (natural fat, similar to those found in our body) that is easily absorbed by the hair and scalp and is rich in vitamins A,B,D and E. What it does: Lubricates the hair and scalp. Product Pick: Burt's Bees Avocado Butter Hair Treatment, $9, burtsbees.com.

For Moisture: Jojoba Oil

What it is: An oil with a molecular structure small enough to penetrate the hair and scalp. What it does: Moisturizes. Product Pick: Barry Fletcher Liquid Moisture, $14.50, barryfletcherproducts.com.

For Shine: Cyclomethicone

What it is: A silicone (synthetic compound principally derived from sand). What it does: Adds gloss while preventing dryness. Product Pick: Organic Root Stimulator Jojoba Oil Maximum Shine Hair & Scalp Moisturizer, $4.99, drugstores.

I have noticed a tremendous difference in my hair since I started looking at the fine print!!














0 comments: